Nauticat 40 for sale, ketch & cutter rig
|Listed price: US$ 220,000|
Additional Specifications, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Nauticat Yachts, Finland Designer: Sparkman-Stephens
Dimensions: LOA: 43', LWL: 33', Beam: 13', Draft: 6', V. Clearance: 61'
Sail Area: Main: 31,2 m², Genoa: 46,8 m², Jib: 21,0 m², Mizzen: 11,2 m²
Displacement: 30,000 lbs Ballast: 9,500 lbs (lead)
Engine Cruising Speed: 7,5 kts Max Speed: 8,5 kts Range 800 NM
Tank capacity: Fuel 211 gals. Water 211 gals. Holding 2 x 30 gals
Forward cabin has two singles on both sides (convertible to one queen berth) plus a pilot berth above the port side berth. One hanging locker a small table and several storage lockers.
Forward of the galley, to port, are one hanging locker and to the starboard a head compartment that includes a wash basin, toilet and a separated shower & laundry room.
combined Galley and Dining saloon
is a gourmet’s delight with a settee and table for four. The galley is situated
to the port, just forward of the deck saloon, and shaped like a lazy "L". A
practical layout with generous proportions, plenty of storage room, and so well
equipped that it will delight any chef. 3 Burner propane stove w/ oven, double
stainless steel sink with hot & cold pressure water, refrigerated 100 lit. Ice
box and a Freezer 60 lit.
The Deck saloon has a C-shaped settee with an extendable table. Opposite is the lower helm/navigation station with chart & navigation table and full instrumentation and maneuvering controls.
has a centerline king berth, settee
and secretary to the port, two hanging lockers and generous amount of storage
lockers. To the starboard a head compartment with wash basin, toilet and shower. All berths and
cabin areas are spacious, well ventilated and lighted, with generous amounts of
storage space throughout. A wonderful layout providing an incredible amount of
room with privacy. Perfect for the cruising couple with youngsters or another
couple on board. In true Scandinavian tradition, the joiner work and finish of
this beautiful yacht is impeccable.
Electronics & Navigation Equipment:
· VHF ICOM MC80
· 6'' Suunto Compass (upper helm)
· 4'' Suunto Compass (lower helm)
· Pioneer Stereo with CD player
· Raymarine Radar
· Raymarine Sonar DSM300
· Raymarine GPS RN300
· Raymarine Chart plotter C-70, Sea Talk connected to Autopilot
· Raymarine Hydraulic II Autopilot Computer, ST6001+ C-Panel
· Autohelm speed, wind & depth indicators
· Autohelm multi control instrument, interconnected to the Autopilot Computer
· All Navigation Equipment is controllable from upper helm station
· VDO oil, temp.,fuel, volt and amp., gauges
· 12V DC Electrical system
· Batteries 3 x 225 AH/12V & 1 x 95 AH/12V
· Blue Sea 12V DC panel w/32 circuit breaker switches
· 110V AC shore power system w/chords
· Blue Sea 110V AC panel w/16 circuit breaker switches
· Newmar battery charger
· 2 inverters
· Rule 2000 Electrical bilge pumps
· Rule 1500 Shower pump drain
· Shurflo Fresh Water Pump
· 2 Shurflo Macerator Pumps
· Vetus 80kgf Bow Thruster
· Maxwell 2200 Electrical Windlass
· Yanmar L40 Diesel alternator
Deck layout provides excellent visibility from upper helm station and the cockpit area is located high and dry with roomy deck lockers. The steering system is hydraulic with dual station controls. The split rig includes in mast furling Main & Mizzen sails and roller furling Genoa & self tacking Stay sails. All sails, as well as navigation and autopilot equipment, engine control and bow thruster, can be controlled from the cockpit position and provides optimal ease of maneuvering the yacht.
Sparkman-Stephens design that has been built as a solid hand laminated glass GRP lay-up according to Lloyd’s specifications and inspections during the build. An incredibly solid yacht built to the highest standards by skilled Finnish craftsmen. The bottom has a fin keel with a protected skeg hung rudder, a bow thruster and a 3 bladed fully feathering propeller. The hull color is white with a blue waterline and a wider blue deck line.
· Vetus 80kgf Bow Thruster
· Max Prop 22”x16” fully feathering propeller
· 40mm acid proof steel shaft
· 9,500 lbs lead ballast
Built for North Sea conditions, her strong diesel engine will bring the yacht dauntlessly through any sea conditions.
· Ford Lehman 90 HP diesel engine
· Borg Warner hydraulic gearbox reduction 2,1:1
· 2 Audible alarms for abnormal engine oil pressure & temperature
· Morse Teleflex to upper and lower Engine Control stations
· Engine room blower
· Engine room lights
· Balmar 15 Gal. Water heater
· Yanmar L40 Diesel alternator
· Eberspacher diesel fired central heating system
Rigged for the cruising couple, the ketch & cutter rig is the perfect choice for ease of sail tending, short handed sailing and safety in any weather condition. The oversized rigging is typical of yachts built for serious passage making and is in excellent condition.
· Scott Main, Jib, Stay and Mizzen sails
· Harken furler Jib
· Harken furler Stay
· Selden Furlex in mast furling Main
· Selden Furlex in mast furling Mizzen
· Selden alum. Anodized spars
· Selden S/S 1x19, Ø 8-10mm wire rigging
· Selden whisker pole w/mast face mount
· Selden Rod Kick vang w/preventer
· Lewmar 48 ST, 30 ST, 28 ST & 16 ST winches
· Andersen 29 ST, 28 ST & 16 ST winches
Nauticat 40 is an excellent choice for long range worldwide ocean crossing or leisurely cruising island spots. The yacht easily proves her stability, strength and outstanding sailing characteristics in light as well as heavy sea conditions. The interior joiner work is exquisite which is to be expected of the Scandinavian heritage. The yacht is well found, completely equipped, a proven passage maker and is ready to take you offshore in safety and comfort. Nauticat 40 is a very good investment that traditionally also retains an excellent resale value.
The solo owner is presently cruising in the Caribbean Sea and intends to upgrade Sea Sprite to another Nauticat mode
For additional information’s contact the owner direct:
S/Y "Sea Sprite"
Cruising in the Caribbean Sea
My Cell Phone in Caribbean: +1 868 322 1314